Video Surveillance as a Service
Video Surveillance as a Service is a relatively new concept in the industry, and this type of hardware leasing service continues to expand, especially since technology evolves so rapidly. At Leverage Information Systems, we see VSaaS as a way to utilize existing surveillance assets that are still performing at acceptable levels, and introduce new hardware and features that will enhance and grow an existing surveillance network in a controlled and affordable way.
Many municipalities and school districts have invested significant funds in some type of video surveillance solution to help protect key areas of the city or school campus. Over the years, these systems begin to show their age with failing cameras or excessive gaps in recorded video. And at the same time, the technology improves almost exponentially with higher resolution cameras, state of the art artificial intelligence features, and recording streams that use only a fraction of the bandwidth required by older cameras.
For the first time, there’s a way to take advantage of technology advancements without having to scrap the old system and start over with something brand new.
What makes VSaaS so appealing?
- No capital expense outlay for this service.
- The experts at DETECT will put together a five-year plan to upgrade those portions of your existing surveillance system that require new hardware or infrastructure to keep the system healthy and supportable during the term of the contract.
- The client is only responsible for a monthly fee to cover the ongoing service.
- All hardware and infrastructure components receive upgrades within the first 18 to 24 months of the contract.
- Daily system health and maintenance reports
- System support by locally based experts — no need to keep your own maintenance team
Let Leverage Information Systems make a full system assessment of your surveillance system today and see if VSaaS is the right solution for your municipality.